Okay. He’s dead. Our guys found a treasure trove of intel. Okay.

Tune into any news channel, regardless of bias, and you hear the same questions being asked, about torture (aka waterboarding) sympathy for a president who “made the decision”, should we pull out of Afghanistan or not, what did Pakistan know, ad infinitum.

Okay, bin Laden’s dead. What did it do for us? Not much except for the intel which will be squandered for PR purposes.

Will terrorism end? No. However, the truth is that exception for the glaring incidence of 9/1/01 and the occasional plane hijacking, and the USS Cole,  Muslims kill more Muslims in terror attacks than all the infidels combined, regardless of what the infidels’ country of origin is.

So, it’s time to pull out of Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and other divers places and let them to return to normal, aka fighting amongst themselves. Eventually, only the terrorists will be left standing and we’ll know where they are. What I don’t hear from the Muslims is condemnation of terrorist acts, even as they are the ones who suffer the most. Except for the occasional individual Muslim, that is. I do hear a lot of hate on both sides, those on the side of the  killing and those on the side of those being killed.

We, (infidels) are just the excuse being used by both sides for the rationalization of it.

Golda Mier once said that the killing wouldn’t stop until they loved their children more than they love killing us. They haven’t reached that point, yet.

One is really rather indifferent to the whole incident. Oh sure, one is almost as glad as the next person that bin Laden is gone but that’s about as far as it goes. In the long run, it won’t change anything at all.

22 Responses to The Obligatory Bin Laden Post

• Joe Politics says:

No–America is not any safer. Aside from information we may obtain from the Intel, bin Ladens death will change little if any. Osama was little more than a “figure head” and was out of the loop, those calling the shots will not change their desire to inflict pain on people. However, bin Ladens death will be used as a major re-election tool for the Obama Admin in 2012—that alone should answer your question–America is not any safer.

Joe, Darth, StephC, Mike,

“No–America is not any safer.”

Amazing just amazing. My conservative friends, first of all what’s wrong with putting the partisan views aside and just saying “Job well done MR. President”. We as a country have been hunting Bin Laden for 10 years, he sat atop the world’s most wanted list, and the intel shows while he may not have been in tactical control he was very much involved in the overall strategy of al-Qaeda. Had GB2 been in office when this happened conservatives would have been singing the praises of “enhanced interrogation”, which according to John McCain did not get us any information leading to Bin Laden’s death. The fact is GB2 was too busy chasing WofMD in Iraq. Is this country safer? Yes it is safer, if no more than 1 less terrorist safer, we are safer. If no more than the treasure trove in intelligence that was gathered we are safer. If nothing more that getting a better understanding of just how underhanded the Pakistanies. are in their dealing with the US, we are safer. This is not a conventional war and will be won one small victory at a time. And I for one have said it before and will say it again “Job well done Mr. President”

Black In America Baby……..The revolution has been televised….

Because we have you to tell us everything that’s wrong with us and that no matter what we do or say, we’ll never be good enough for

Black In America Baby……..The revolution has been televised….

So why bother? Truth is, Obama didn’t do anything except be called president as it happened. You see what you want to see and excuse everything else.

Everything Obama campaigned on dismantling is still in place. And McCain’s a schmuck and will always be a schmuck, so why should his word make a difference?

Now, why don’t you tell me what has changed since? Considering how monumental you think it all is.

StephC,

“Because we have you to tell us everything that’s wrong with us”

I love you too StephC

Maybe those dark white people aren’t really white at all. They are just hiding the fact that they are “Black in America”.

” Everything Obama campaigned on dismantling is still in place.”

Not everything Bin Laden is gone and Obama campaigned on that.

“Now, why don’t you tell me what has changed since?”

As I said before…Yes it is safer, if no more than 1 less terrorist safer, we are safer. If no more than the treasure trove in intelligence that was gathered we are safer. If nothing more than getting a better understanding of just how underhanded the Pakistanies. are in their dealing with the US, we are safer.

What a “cop out.”

” Everything Obama campaigned on dismantling is still in place.”

Not everything Bin Laden is gone and Obama campaigned on that.

Using the tools that Bush put in place that Obama promised to dismantle. But it’s okay, Bruce. He can have his accolades for almost nothing considering all the blame he’s going to take for delegating everything else to committee while he hops on AF1 for yet another vaca.

Steph C,

What a “cop out.”

It wasn’t a Cop out it was a statement. It happens all the time. Take a look at this URL:

“Using the tools that Bush put in place that Obama promised to dismantle”

That statement by you confirms to me that all of the conservatives who spread the fear we would see “surrender”/shame in Iraq and Obama would be weak on terrorism were simply wrong. Because just as you have stated he used the tools Bush put into place and then some because he upped the ante with added drone strikes and more covert missions such as the one that got Bin Laden.

Black in America Baby…….The revolution has been televised

Obama is weak on terrorism but that’s not all he’s weak on. Bin Laden’s death did nothing to change that.

Nothing I say will ever convince. Only when the consequences of your blindness fall on you, will you be convinced of anything. I pray that some day that happens but it likely won’t happen any time soon. You’re too much obsessed with something that isn’t real because to think otherwise would be a cause for despair for you. Some people just have to hit rock bottom before they can turn themselves around. I’m afraid you’re one of those.

I’ve got two people in mind for the next president and neither one of them is some old white guy. One I’d like to see as president and the other as his running mate. And it has nothing to do with the color of their skin but the fact that they have talked… and walked… their conservatism in their personal and professional lives. Of all the others running, none of them can say that.

And if the GOP sticks us with say anything Romney, I’ll likely do what Kathy did and just quit because there’s not much difference between Romney, McCain, or Obama.

The list of GOP candidates is, well, interesting. I’m not sure if there were many Trump backers, but where do
    you think all the Huckabee folks will put their effort?

where do
    you think all the Huckabee folks will put their effort?

Probably Romney but I hope not. They think they need somebody to legislate social issues when what they really need is somebody unwilling to legislate so much.

The more legislation we get the more it costs us and affects our everyday prosperity. Unfortunately, so few seem to understand the connection.

StephC,

2. “Bruce, as usual you are full of it. What makes you think I was even talking about America?
    You think Caucasian means white and it doesn’t. Arabs, Turks, Greeks, and more are all caucasians.”

Help me out cause as you know I am a simple man, where in this post or comments did the word Caucasian come up before this. Your comment to me was and I quote “Not to mention the fact that Obama is more than half white or that I’ve seen white people with darker skin.”, you didn’t say I’ve seen Caucasian people with darker skin. Yes I am not so simple that I don’t understand what Caucasian means and if I didn’t understand what it meant I could always google it. And where is it in this conversation we were talking about anything else but America. Please find it for me.
    These candidates you have in mind, can you share names. I would like to understand what the attraction is. You know maybe I can do a little reading about them and get an understanding about them. Educate me. What are their plans to make this country safer. That is what this is about isn’t it?

Black in America Baby……..The revolution has been televised

Sorry, I meant not as in the color white, but the race white. White, as in race, means caucasian, not color. You are a simple man and a deluded one as well. Obama is more caucasian than he is black (i’d use the proper word for black when talking about race but then you’d call that racist… not that you won’t anyway but why give you a word to beat me with?). His daddy was part caucasian being half Arab.

Yet you’ve pinned all your hopes and dreams on an empty shell of a man just because of a little skin tone, which says more about you than it says about him. You have a problem with race, Bruce but instead of facing and admitting you’re the one with the problem, you use it as a panacea for everything; an excuse for lower and lower expectations.

You hold yourself, and everyone else of a certain skin tone to lower standards meaning you have bought lock, stock, and barrel that you’re somehow substandard to everyone and should one find himself in a position of power he should be treated differently because, after all, he’s not as good as someone else. You’ve swallowed a false history as well but I already know it’s no use trying to change that either.

Is that how you want to be perceived? As substandard? If so, I’ll do it but not because of the color of your skin but because that’s how you present yourself. You made black in america the issue, not me or anyone else.

Obama is a grown man who is in a position that demands grown up solutions to grown up problems. He wasn’t forced into the position but supposedly duly elected. Yet, you think I shouldn’t treat him as such.

If Obama were white, you wouldn’t be here. You wouldn’t be filtering everything through race-colored glasses and I’m not that interesting. The only people who care about race are the ones who bring it up all the time and it ain’t conservatives.

StephC,
    “(i’d use the proper word for black when talking about race but then you’d call that racist… not that you won’t anyway but why give you a word to beat me with?)”
    I’d like to hear what you think is “proper”. And don’t worry I won’t call you racist. In fact I have never called anyone racist in the years I have been commenting here and at Hangright Politics. I would challenge you to find in any archive where I have done that, so you have nothing to fear.

“Yet you’ve pinned all your hopes and dreams on an empty shell of a man just because of a little skin tone,”
    I have not pinned my hopes and dreams on Obama. I whole heartedly support him and make no bones about that. My dreams and hopes are pinned on me. I work every day to make them come true. And believe it or not some of them have come true not because of any president but because of my hard work and the fact that I live in the greatest country in the world.

” You hold yourself, and everyone else of a certain skin tone to lower standards meaning you have bought lock, stock, and barrel that you’re somehow substandard to everyone and should one find himself in a position of power he should be treated differently because, after all, he’s not as good as someone else.”

Not quite sure how you have come up with this statement. I work very hard and expect no preferential treatment. I have made sure that all of my children had the chance to attend college, and most of them will graduate from college. I just have to get these last three through one will be a senior next year, one will be a sophomore and the last one still has to graduate HS. The others are all working and raising families. I live in a middle class neighborhood and attend church on Sundays, Not quite sure where you get that I somehow think I am substandard. Simple maybe but not substandard.

“The only people who care about race are the ones who bring it up all the time and it ain’t conservatives.”
    1. Now if I go through the comments on this post the first time race was brought up was when you said “Not to mention the fact that Obama is more than half white or that I’ve seen white people with darker skin.” You are a conservative aren’t you…..

Black in America Baby…….The revolution has been televised
    PS This is just my tagline not my comment. But we have had this conversation before haven’t we.
    Also you never did tell me the names of the potential presidential candidates you support or is all you wanted to talk about was race….
    Sorry one last thing ask any one of those Arabs or Turks if they consider themselves white/Caucasian and see what kind of answer you get……

Your signature brings it up every time you post, Bruce regardless of what you call it. It’s there; a defacto slap in the face because of the first black president whom you support so wholeheartedly. And I’m really sick of it because of its offensive nature. The fact that you don’t think of it as offensive shows your racism. As long as you continue to use it, you are showing your racism. As long as you continue to use it, I’ll address your racism. Got it?

Or I can ignore you when you comment. Or I can make it unacceptable like profanity. Your choice. How do you want to be treated?

You claim to support someone who is practically the exact opposite from how you describe yourself. Why? If you are the man you claim to be through your descriptions of yourself, you couldn’t possibly support Obama. So explain to me why if it isn’t about your “tagline” and racism.

The man you describe as being yourself is someone I can respect and relate to because he’s just like me where it counts. The tagline and support for Obama in disregard of the damage he’s done to this nation belie that man.

That’s why I continue to address your racism, Bruce. You bring it up and then belie what is best about you. It’s up to you.

BTW, I’m not fully “white”; something I’ve reminded you of before. That’s what happens when you start lumping people into categories by political views, not factual information, with your “tagline.” … like Harry Reid proclaiming he didn’t know how anyone Hispanic could vote Republican during the mid-term elections… like Oreo cookies thrown at black Republicans… like how the Democrats (who used to be the slavery party and were against the civil rights act and Martin Luther King) can always count on your vote to keep them in power while they keep you down by convincing you that you’re substandard and need their help. All they require from you is your vote and your self-esteem and ingenuity to keep them in place to keep you down.

The fact that I’m rather indifferent to Bin Laden’s death has nothing to do with Obama but with the fact that he’s dead some 10 years after the fact of what he orchestrated. You made it about Obama and wanted accolades because he finally did something. 2 years after the fact made it a non-issue for me as bin Laden became increasingly irrelevant to the larger war we’re in.

Obama is already campaigning for 2012 which would be okay with me if it weren’t for gullible people who will fall for a somewhat handsome face and who can use a teleprompter (with coaching at 100k). When he campaigned for 08 he took a 2 year vaca from the Senate. I guess this means he’s on permanent vaca from now until the elections next year. That would be okay, too, except he’s not really working the presidency. A behind the scenes committee is.

And why is that, do you think? There was a time when it didn’t matter at all. For some of us, it still doesn’t but when we try to talk to people like you, to whom it does matter, we get called names or treated as if we’re diseased just because we want you to be truly equal and act like you are instead of excuses for why you’re substandard. there used to be an old saying, “can’t never did do anything.”

I’m not going to tell who I support for president and vice-president. Your side is looking for weakness, desperately looking, which is why Romney is in the news so much. Just as we were given McCain, the left now wants us to choose Romney as the “only one who can beat Obama”. They’ll set him up just to knock him down again after the primaries have made him the contender. I’m not having none of it. If the media likes Romney (and it does) he is not the man for the job. That’s all I’ll say.

“Your side is looking for weakness, desperately looking,” Desperately? IMO, the GOP has a lot of
    sorting to do, with the current field. Also, just IMO,
    libertarian types like Ron Paul simply cannot attract
    the large independent vote, nor can a candidate that
    looks like a puppet of the Tea Party. Those are the
    weaknesses, we need not look and we need not be
    desperate. I’m sorry and sympathize, but the GOP
    has problems….and it ain’t us Dems.

Agreed that it has problems but so do the Democrats have many of the same problems plus one more: They don’t acknowledge they have a problem. They have a complicit media to make them look good.

Fox News: Roger Ailes, CEO not happy with GOP presidential slate (even though he and Fox created it).
    Roger Ailes quoted as saying Sarah Palin is stupid.
    Roger Ailes boosted Glenn Beck/Tea Party, now having second thoughts, dumping Glenn. Mr. Ailes
    has talked to and advised each and every GOP candidate (he was afterall, a Nixon-Reagan operative).
    Now, I am trying to imagine what ordinary voters would think if ANY other network advised dem candidates,
    created their own slate of dem candidates? Its OK
    for Fox…any regular journalists are just stupid, right?
    There is hope…Rober Ailes is looking to Brett Bair and Shepard Smith to bring some semblance of sanity
    and logic back to his circus. Roger Ailes Fox News
    CEO: gosh I just can’t think of any CEOs in the falsly
    maligned ‘mainstream’ media. I know, ‘weak BB,
    very weak’. But, then elsewhere when I noted that only 6 % of scientists were Republicans, a conservative
    replied “all scientists are stupid” Now THAT is weak!
    …I kinda like Brett Bair… 🙄

created their own slate of dem candidates?

Are you saying they don’t when they do all the time and, worse, they’re out in the open with it?

Ailes isn’t on the broadcast staff. He runs the joint and he’s really quite partial to Obama… or was. If he’s advising R candidates, that’s not a good thing for Rs.

Ailes has or had, Huckabee, Palin, Gingrich, Bolton and Santorum as employees at FoxNews. Strategist Karl Rove seems on a lot there as well. I’m trying to think of any Dem pres candidates that work for a network? Then we have Newt apologizing to Rush, Romney saying he advised Obama to bail out Chrysler (he didn’t he was dead against it) and my favorite: Palin saying Gingrich was skewered by the MSM…Newt said what Newt said, he can blame the messenger….but he spoke the message. Dunno, HB…maybe you ought to re-think and throw your hat in-GOP needs some straight forward folk….

Ailes is in the business of making money, regardless of his personal preferences. They were popular at one time and some still are.

i agree Newt said what Newt said but there’s a line between reporting and skewering and the MSM is in the business of skewering instead of making money; at least that’s been my experience with it for the last 5 or 6 years. Don’t know if they actually did or not because I’m not the least interested in Newt, not since he sat on the couch beside Pelosi for the climate change hoax.

May 2011