This time it’s taxes. On the middle class.

“The whole point of it is to make sure that all ideas are on the table,” the president said in the interview with Bloomberg BusinessWeek, which will appear on newsstands Friday. “So what I want to do is to be completely agnostic, in terms of solutions.”

Isn’t that what he has said about everything from the bank bailouts to the auto industry takeover? Whatever will we do about another Obama broken promise?

But he will. And his promise of post-partisanship? Up in flames, the latest being the supposedly bi-partisan jobs bill which is being pulled because it’s too small.  It seems that everything Obama doesn’t want to do is exactly what he does. Indeed.

Never listen to a man’s (or woman’s for that matter) words. Words can deceive but the eyes don’t.

While he lectures the nation on fiscal responsibility, he goes on a spending spree with a proposed budget that racks up the U.S. another 1.6 trillion in deficit spending. Washington, D.C. is beginning to resemble nothing more than a bunch of teenagers with access to their daddies’ credit cards… without daddy’s knowledge.

How’s that hope and change working out for you Obama supporters? I’m finding it increasingly difficult to live on my change. Try feeding a family of five on $20,000/year less than what you made before Obama. For some families that $20k was their yearly salary.

23 Responses to More I Don’t Want To, But I’m Gonna From Obama

It seems impossible to balance the budget. Remember Reagan?
    1982- raised income taxes by 0.8% gdp, one of the largest in history, among his other 13 tax increases.
    1983-raised fed gasoline tax by 5 cents a gallon
    ($5.5 billion)
    1984-increased Soc Security tax by $24 billion/yr
    ..we forget that and I’m not saying it is right or wrong, but apparently it is sometimes necessary. 😥

I don’t forget anything, BB, but to use the blame game is totally missing the point here.

But that’s okay, you go ahead and blame, blame, blame all you want while you watch the country snatched right out from under us.

It’s not just the money. It’s what’s being done with it. We are giving ourselves over to slavery for a few pretty words. The words don’t even have to make sense, just make us feel good and everything will be alright.

Let’s forget Glenn Beck for a moment. You may not remember 1953, but I do, and believe me those were the best of economic times for working people. Taxes then?
    1953 – $20,000 38% over $200,000 92%
    Taxes now?
    2010 – $20,000 15% over $200,000 33%
    ..it seems reasonable to me that it is you, HB that are
    using blame, blame, blame.

Great if you made under $200k.

No, BB, it’s called learning from past mistakes, not using them as an excuse to make the same stupid mistakes all over again. It’s the equivalent of: “If your friend jumps off the Brooklyn bridge…”

Besides, you’re still missing the point of Obama’s words and his actions don’t match. Whatever he says is his intentions, expect him to do the opposite.

“We’ve been there, done that, and it durn near killed the country. Why do it again?” We did? Guess I don’t recall durn near killing the country. Was it when George Washington led US troops against US citizens during the Whisky Rebellion? When Rutherford Hayes sent US troops to put down the railroad strike
    in 1877 (their wages had been cut twice in one year, and a RR CEO stated ‘a rifle diet for a few days, see how they like that kind of bread..gotta love those robber barons!) Or the right of Habeus Corpus..suspended by Abe Lincoln. Jefferson Davis,
    Ulysses Grant, FDR? Perhaps the Alien & Sedition Law of 1788 (John Adams, pres) “a crime to publish “false, scandalous, and malicious writing” against the government or its officials.”
    ..dunno to which past mistake do you refer ❓

How about “By God, I’m an educated Harvard man who knows best what’s good for you even though I’ve never met you in my life and people like you aren’t worth my time, anyway?”

BB, keep on with the blame game. Have at it. Blame isn’t going to fix what’s wrong and every program the Dems have ever instituted has been an utter failure that they keep propping up with more and more money because, “if only they had more money…”

You know the percentage of poor people in this country has not changed significantly… ever? And yet, more and more and more and more and more money is thrown into that hole.

So, you want to talk blame? Let’s get it going. How about that global warming that made everybody rich since Al Gore won an Oscar? Oh, sorry, it’s climate change, now. It’s just a little word change, right?

All the lobbyists in Obama’s cabinet? A pervert Education Secretary who promotes “fisting” to kids? ACORN? SEIU? Any means to the end of achieving the communist utopia, right?

That’s what you stand for. Every time you defend this Congress and Obama. You can’t support what they do without supporting the whole. They demand that of their supporters and you’re all too willing. That’s what the left has become and you’re a part of it.

As a fellow American, tell you what; I will give the teaparty & GOP exactly one year (which is about 8 months more than y’all have given the Dems. If you naysayers can fix it, more power to ya. If not, and I think not, you will be out in the cold again.
    “That’s what you stand for. ” C’mon, I know what I stand for and I am way past tired of the accusations of unpatriotic, traitor and the rest of the cra…stuff I get called. My constitution is not cherry picked by Glenn
    Beck, my service to this country is not defined by a
    3 time deferment Dick Cheney and my facts I learn on my own without help from right or left. Nor will I lower myself to spew garbage, because I respect all Americans. Your serve!

BB, look to who you support. That’s what you support. That’s what you make excuses for by pointing out others’ faults in the past as a rationalization for all the crap you support. If you don’t like the crap you’re supporting, then stop supporting it.

Pointing out their faults won’t change what you support.

BTW, the Dems have had 3 years in the majority so your 8 months is bogus.

Words and actions.

“Go ahead, pick on Cheney, pick on Beck, Bush, and every other person you can think of that isn’t a Democrat. There isn’t a person alive that doesn’t have fault for something. ” So, as I understand it, you can blame whoever you want but I can’t?

BB, you started the blame game as a rationalization to allow Obama to break a promise; a promise upon which he campaigned heavily, I might add.

I did not blame anybody. Merely pointed out the vast chasm between what Obama says and what Obama does. You excused him by blaming others. However, who do you blame for the people who make up his administration, whom you are also excusing by blaming others?

I accuse you of supporting that stuff because you do with your excuses and your blame. It also does not acknowledge the fact that conservatives were very hard on Bush and Cheney and others over time. You also failed to note that the Democrats have been in charge of Washington since 2006… because conservatives were very hard on Bush/Cheney and their spendthrift Congress. In fact, you failed to note a great many things in your efforts to protect TheOne and then accuse others of cherry-picking their facts.

So, what you’ve been telling me and anybody reading this is that Democrats are blameless because Republicans aren’t perfect. That does seem to be Obama’s take on it, too, so you’re right in lock-step with the whole thing, including the things I mentioned.

I also notice that you rarely offer the disclaimer that you are retired civil service, aka Government worker. What you experienced as a result of those decades will be totally different from the unfortunate ones who had to look to the private sector for everything.

“I rarely offer the disclaimer that I am retired civil service, aka government worker” because I’m not,
    HB. I always worked for private enterprise, Twin Cities Ammo Plant (run by Federal Cartridge), cosmetics for awhile [and of course get no retirement from them]. Then for 25 years I was in the ammo business (I did research on initiating explosives and ran the production of explosives for ammo primers) for a company that was bought-sold-bought etc. Closest I ever came to civil service was my two years active duty, and of course no bennies there either. Since the pension was smallish, we were told to invest in 401k
    (most places don’t even have pensions any more) to the extent that the familiar ‘three leg retirement’..pension, soc security, investments would
    provide what income we thought we needed when we
    are old. I agree, though, gee civil service retirement
    would be great!

Apologies then because I thought you were. However, on the rest, why 401k? Because some idiot Democrat Congress decided it would be a fine idea to put SS in the General funds and raided it… including Clinton.

And 401k? The best advice I ever received about investing was don’t invest more than you can afford. It’s like gambling. If you can’t afford to lose it, don’t gamble it.

Why do you think the global warming crowd have been busy gaming the system? Because they can make billions by scaring everybody else.

Nor does my error excuse you from making all the excuses and handing out blame to everybody but the people you support.

I see the admin wants to start building nuclear power plants. Personally, I think that is the way to go, lordy knows the French and Chinese have a lot. There are downsides, but we are supposed to be high tech. I
    was and still am, an extremely cautious investor. I figure those type investments rise slowly but steadily, while the ‘gambling’ stuff spikes and dives all along.
    Many of my coworkers (at least the ‘gambling’ type could not retire when I did because of the dive associated with first the tech and then the real estate
    bubbles. My financial advisor is understanding, she
    may laugh behind my back, but my annuities are paying out at the same percentage as their interest gained. ..and she quit trying to talk me into those high yield things. I don’t remember which congress or admin started SS fund dipping, but yep, they were idiots..that is something each of us paid for over the years..and it should be (like that tv commercial “Its MY money..and I want it NOW!’

Dang LBJ..he signed my commission making me an ‘officer and a gentleman’. So, you can see, he
    was an idiot. 😀

Heh, you whetted my curiosity. So I ‘googled’ google antitrust. Over 2 million. Why do I suspect microsoft is probably in the same boat?

Singularly uninspired right now, 😆

It seems the government is in some kind of infinite loop where they keep doing the same things over and over. There is only so much you can say about it.

February 2010