And we’ll never be able to call them liars for it again. And more reason not to support the health bill.

Buried deep in the bill, pages 837-845 with a small segment in between dealing with Native Americans, are sections about HOME VISITATION PROGRAMS FOR FAMILIES which will be handled under the Department of Human Resources and CPS (DFCS for some).

models of home visitation that have demonstrated positive effects on important program-determined child and parenting outcomes,  such as reducing abuse and neglect and improving child health and development;

‘‘(ii) employ well-trained and competent staff, maintain high quality supervision, provide for ongoing training and professional development, and show strong organizational capacity to implement such a program;

‘‘(iii) establish appropriate linkages and referrals to other community resources

‘‘(iv) monitor fidelity of program implementation to ensure that services are

delivered according to the specified model; and

‘‘(v) provide parents with— ‘‘(I) knowledge of age-appropriate childdevelopment in cognitive, language, social, emotional, and motor domains (including knowledge of second language acquisition, in the case of English language learners);

‘‘(II) knowledge of realistic expectations of age-appropriate child behaviors;

‘‘(III) knowledge of health and wellness issues for children and parents;

‘‘(IV) modeling, consulting, and coaching on parenting practices;

‘‘(V) skills to interact with their child to enhance age-appropriate development;

‘‘(VI) skills to recognize and seek help for issues related to health, developmental delays, and social, emotional, and behavioral skills; and

‘‘(VII) activities designed to help parents become full partners in the education of their children;

Now add to that, this: Adoption and Safe Families Act (ASFA, Public Law 105-89)

Moreover, ASFA marked a fundamental change to child welfare thinking, shifting the emphasis towards children’s health and safety concerns and away from a policy of reuniting children with their birth parents without regard to prior abusiveness. As such, ASFA was considered the most sweeping change to the U.S. adoption and foster care system in some two decades. One of ASFA’s lead sponsors, Republican Senator John H. Chafee of Rhode Island, said, “We will not continue the current system of always putting the needs and rights of the biological parents first. … It’s time we recognize that some families simply cannot and should not be kept together.”

The results of  the 1997 bill has massive corruption in CPS and a setup of quotas to bring in as many federal dollars as possible, including outright theft from the fund along with a rise in children being placed foster homes and shorter times before parental rights are terminated. There are reports of children being wrongfully taken from their homes, intimidation tactics, and more. Some have bitterly posted the prices of their children such as: Under 5, blonde-haired, blue-eyed: $6000.

Following up on that claim, I came across some statistics that sort of corroborate the statement when you find that black children are more likely to spend a year or more as wards of the state before being placed whereas white children are placed much sooner, sometimes immediately depending on age.

Now, if the 1997 bill gave CPS such powers as it has employed since, how much more power will they gain with the expansion of their mandate via the health care bill? What they want, they get?

Should we say: Welcome to Eugenics? Along with rationing for old people we have CPS at the forefront in home visitations to young families. Parents mean nothing when there’s money at stake. And these are the people who will be in charge of the HOME VISITATION  PROGRAMS FOR FAMILIES. Nice huh? I have said before that the health care bill is more about control than the title of the bill implies.

19 Responses to It’s For The Children… Literally.

• Dumbrednek says:

By your picture and your views the shut your mouth, and open your mind and realize all the “good ol boy takes care of mine” attitude is exactly what a country in crisis does not need, now maybe you grew up in a backwards utopia, but that’s when you were suckin on chili dogs behind tastee freeze. Times have changed, big busines (like tastee freeze) is out to get you, and they back most of who you spend your time “protecting” – repubicans. Good luck with all your skewed views and keep drinkin the kook-aid. Oh and keep the “faith”

After I did an IP search, I realized you were calling me a dumb rednek (which, incidentally is spelled: redneck). After that it took several reads. In addition to not being able to spell, you can’t read and write, either.

All things considered, I’m not the one who needs to lay off the kook-aid.

Last year, my wife stopped and picked up three little girls in their pajamas out wandering the streets barefoot in the snow. Their father ‘got made and kicked us out’. Not sure if home visitation would have helped, but the police force did…

BB, as always, you miss the point. I know you’re smarter than that.

CPS went from a lofty concept to a corrupt enterprise with government backing. It’s not about the kids anymore. It’s about the money and power. It’s about quotas to get that money and the fact that they don’t even need a warrant to enter someone’s home and now they will have a new path into homes to continue to fill quotas for federal money to line their own pockets. That was the result of the 1997 Act. Home visitation would have done little to nothing for those kids unless they were judged suitable for adoption. More than likely they’ll end up wards of the state in worse condition than they were with that father or right back with the father who ran them out on the streets.

And now, they’re going to broaden those powers with the Health Care bill?

You should also read up on what some foster care children say about the system when they’re deemed “un-adoptable.”

I understand the point: keep government outta my house! and the house of the
    psychotic with the gun collection than beats his wife and children and lives off their welfare checks..and who will murder someone shortly. Gotta protect the poor guy right? Yeah, I get the point.

I see. So, in other words, you’re fine with it no matter what. No matter the corruption, no matter the broken families simply to fill quotas, no matter anything. They say road to hell is filled with good intentions. You are a prime example of that saying. Be proud of that.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions: and am I to presume that the road to heaven is filled with bad ones? 😕 If we have no good intentions, then we are sorry folk, dontcha think? I agree though, that we over legislate: for example EPA (Nixon, BTW) intended that raw sewage and industrial waste not
    be dumped into our streams and drinking water. Yet, written by lawyers, it has had adverse effect on small businesses and even ended up putting people out of work. In fact, many of our biggest polluters simply went to Mexico and other 3rd world places where they can (of course) dump raw sewage & industrial wastes into THEIR streams and drinking water. So, yes, it is hard sometimes to weigh the costs/benefits of laws..the balance sheet being the benefits on one side and the various costs on the other. All human society faces these issues, and as you so clearly note in your opinions, they are difficult to agree upon.

BB, have you ever heard me defend the Republican Party as whole? I can’t stand John McCain. I voted him over Obama because it was a choice between bad or worse.

No, the road to heaven is not paved with bad ones. Good intentions alone don’t fix things. What or who gives you that right to decide what anybody else should do when it comes to any issue that government has deemed itself capable of fixing? In spite of the facts that indicate otherwise? Instead, good intentions are used a pretext to play God, hence, the road to hell.

Hitler had good intentions, too, or so he said. So did Stalin, Marx, Napoleon, Ahmedinejad, Saddam Hussein, and even King George. FDR had good intentions but what he accomplished is loss of freedom and it’s been a slow creep to no freedom until now. Your good intentions never seem to go as far as taking responsibility for the failures of what you do with them, both Republican and Democrat.

And your president whom you love so much is a chicken. The capitol is full of people trying to tell him what they want and he runs away to Minnesota. What a courageous leader.

Yes, Ronald Reagan had good intentions too. We suppose that Attila the Hun, Margaret Thatcher, Glenn Beck, my &%#$ health insurance company, Dr. Mengele, the MSM and you, yourself have good intentions as well. The people trying to silence the ‘chicken’ are a loud minority. Latest poll, most doctors and
    60% of fed up Americans are for a single payer system. I daresay, to quote a well known blogger…you missed the point! 🙂

FDR? Fight it…turn down your social security when the time comes! Put your money where your good intentions are…

I’d be interested in seeing that poll since last I heard 52% are against it.

As for social security, I’ve already put my money there. I won’t be getting social security… didn’t stop the government deducting it or Medicaid… but I won’t be getting it.

Oh, and for the chicken, nobody is trying to silence him but he sure works hard at silencing others.

Let’s make a list, shall we, of whom has tried to silence Obama and then compare it to the list he has tried to silence?

If you paid FICA for so many quarters, (40) you are eligible. Not sure about
    those that work gov’t jobs (didn’t you teach overseas at one time?) or self-employed. As a spouse, you are eligible for one half of your spouse’s benefits.
    Seems odd, but if you say you have researched it, I’ll trust you. 🙁

It’s no biggee. I’m not worried about it. It’s kind of funny though that SS and Medicaid are always broke when there are people like me who won’t qualify for one reason or another. Wasn’t it during the Nixon administration that it was decided to put SS in the General Funds to be raided at will and replacing the actual money with I.O.U.s?

Now, you can rag on individual Republicans all you want since most aren’t worth a hill of beans, but when you blame Reagan, best look out. He was the best president of the 20th century. Whatever you, personally, think of him, the man kicked butt and I can’t think of another time when this country grew as strong and as fast as it did under him.

Reagan? He was’t even a good actor…when he cut taxes, raised spending and
    created the largest deficit up til then, I changed all my investment strategies.
    I will give him credit for making me suspicious of gov’t. But that’s it. Keep in mind, I was an Eisenhower Republican…and am older than dirt…

September 2009