I am not nor have I ever been a friend or admirer of, now the late Sen. Ted Kennedy. I hope before his death he came to know the Lord.

But I find the liberal Democrats, with the drive-by media’s help, use of his passing as a way to shove socialized healthcare down our throats very unseemly. In fact, it’s downright morbid and I’m sure many other Americans think so too. Kennedy has barely been dead a day and the libs have already turned him into a political prop. Disgusting.

And Chris Matthews anointing President Obama “the last Kennedy brother“? Get off the president’s leg and just get a room already.

The Dems are on the verge of another Paul Wellstone moment and they don’t even know it. My hope is that they have that shameful moment so the American people can finally see them for what they are and sweep them into the dustbin of History, as they truly deserve.

7 Responses to The King is Dead…Long Live the King

Love the Chris Matthews snark. If anyone is more deserving of snark I can’t think of one… except maybe Olbermann but that’s another story.

The Democrats can ram the health care bill if they want to do so but as I said on an earlier post, the Republicans are no longer providing cover and fast becoming known as the party of no. Since their cover has moved to the side and challenged them to do whatever it is they’re going to do, the light is blinding them. They can’t work in the shadows anymore where they’re most comfortable.

Like you, I hope Kennedy found God before he died but I seriously doubt it since last week he wanted the laws changed in MA so the governor could appoint his successor… a law that he had worked hard to change in 2004 to prevent Romney from being able to appoint a successor. Doesn’t sound much like he had any religious epiphanies before his death and went on playing the same backhanded political games until he couldn’t play them any more.

• Charlotte says:

How disgusting is this? The man was a coward who put his career ahead of Mary Jo Kopechne’s life.

He is responsible for her death, and many others (historically speaking, read your history). He pretty much embodies everything our founding fathers were against. He delighted in taking hard earned money from Americans and giving it to people who did not earn it. However, he himself inherited wealth and priviledge.

Let there be no mistake. This health care atrocity may be passed with his name on it, but had he lived, he would never had had to use it. At his age, if he was one of the unwashed masses, he would have been given a pill (which one do you want? red or blue?)

The hypocricy of it is really appalling. I have been watching politics for years, and while this is not surprising, it is rather galling.

My sympathies to Mary Jo Kopechne and her family.

Thank you for a thought provoking article.

Mr. Kennedy is now no longer giving Catholics a bad name. That is the best I can say.

Charlotte, there are many who will call us Christian hypocrites for speaking ill of the man but you know, Jesus wasn’t P.C. He spoke truth to power. I think it’s sickening how everybody is trying to eulogize this guy.

I am simply amazed at you “typical white people” (yeah that includes you too Steve)……..you hop on your high horse and start saying things like “you hope he came to know the lord before his death”…..Have you read Luke 6:41…..you can make all of the judgments on him that you want but at the end of the day it will be between him and his God…and whatever his eternity will be it will be because God in his wisdom/forgiveness can probably handle the situation…..Kennedy did a lot of things very wrong and they were very public……David (of the Bible) also did a lot of wrong but he was called a man after God’s own heart…….I am not defending Kennedy’s lifestyle in any way…..But I do believe that he loved his country and did what he thought was right for the country he got a lot of respect even from his republican colleagues……..he was fighting for healthcare reform before it became a popular subject….No he is not the King…but he is dead…let him be…..

The revolution has been televised…….Black in America Baby…..

• Steve says:

Poor, dear, deluded Bruce. Was the “you ‘typical white people'” line really necessary? Especially when you know I’m black. Guess that was a not-so-clever way to call me an Oreo. Sigh! Typical.

Yes, I’m familiar with the Bible, Bruce. Especially 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Or how about Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

God isn’t impressed with our works. You can’t earn your way to Heaven. And David was forgiven for his sin because he REPENTED. Let’s hope Sen. Kennedy did as well. At least he was given the opportunity to be saved on his deathbed. Which is more than he offered Mary Jo Kopechne.

But my article wasn’t even about that. It was about the pathetic (and sordid) way your Dems are trying to use Kennedy’s death as a political weapon to socialize our medical system. Have your people no shame?

Steve,

I didn’t call you an oreo…..I called you a typical “white person”….I don’t think you are an oreo I know you are a black man with conservative views….and there are a lot of them I know them….The typical white person comment goes back to the day when Obama referred to his grandmother as a typical white person and everyone made such a big deal of it. Read some of my old hang-right comments…I used the phrase all of the time….its a term of endearment….don’t take it personal man it’s just me making a dig……..

The revolution has been televised…..Black in America

• Steve says:

Bruce, as much as we disagree I really enjoy having you here. You’re a liberal – no doubt that – and almost as much in love with Obama as Chris Matthews is. But you’re a good guy and a worthy debater.

I don’t take it personal brother. Because, at the end of the day, no matter our BIG political differences, we’re all in this together. Enjoy the sparring matches and spats. I’ve missed them. 🙂

August 2009