With the Obama win, predictions are beginning to come true less than 24 hours later. We knew it was going to happen. We just didn’t expect it the day after.

My husband was fired this morning, replaced by illegal aliens. It’s all some businesses have been waiting for, especially in the construction industry, because if immigration laws are not going to be enforced why should they pay for higher wage workers?

This is my husband:
My husband is a commercial/industrial electrician and has been one for 30 years. There is not much that he doesn’t know about the field. In the mid 90s he broke his back at the height of his career directing multi-million dollar projects. There was a time when he was told he’d never walk again and even if he did, he’d never work in the industrial electrical field. After almost a year in a wheelchair, undergoing surgery that has wired and bolted his back together, more time in painful discouraging physical therapy while in a body cast, he worked his way back into the electrical construction field he loves, albeit at a slower place and not nearly at the wages he used to make.

For being a working class person who loves his job, he has been looked down on by the left elititsts and the people who worship them. This is his reward for being a top notch electrician.

Where we go from here is anybody’s guess. I suppose it won’t really matter to anyone considering we’re the opposition and supposed to be destroyed, if Kos and Moveon.org are any indication of how much conservatives are hated.

At the moment, I’m too weary and too discouraged to know whether or not this blog will continue.  My other blogging gig is closing down this morning and likely that will be the fate of most conservative blogs across the internet.

I don’t want to rain on your celebration too much so that’s all I’ll say for now. Congratulations to all you Obama supporters. I wish you well, in spite of yourselves.

21 Responses to And So It Begins.

I am very surprised that you have so many illegals in your area. More so that any company would hire them. Surely, they know nothing of electrical work?
    The only people I knew who looked down on electricians were Wall Street type fatcats who think moving money around is a productive occupation…not sure how many of those are leftist elite. I was in research, production and management and the electricians were the ones who we counted on to keep things running..highly respected guys. I truly hope things look up for you folks.

Wow………I think this is taking things a little far…How can you say Obama being elected and your husband being fired are linked in any way….this is still a Bush administration and Obama is probably right now enjoying this time with his family…not replacing your husband with ilegal aliens

History has been made…..

Btuce, the illegal aliens were hired just as the polls shifted very heavily for Obama. Hubby wasn’t the only one let go. If McCain had pulled an upset, it would have been just as easy for the company to gey rid of the illegals since they don’t have the right to work. However, when you’re looking at a huge increase in taxes you don’t let a handful of extremely cheap labor go to someone else for the week or two you’d have to pay both sets of employees.

They don’t have to wait. Bush isn’t going to do anything about it with less than 3 months left in office.

That’s life but now, you’ve got another family not putting anything into the government coffers. Expect this to continue.

But you’ve got your history. Congratulations! I hope it’s all you dream it will be.

I’d much rather be wrong than right but I’ve got that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that’s just not going to go away any time soon.

Carter times 10.

Yeah, BB, it’s pretty bad here. In the last couple of years this side of town is now known at little Mexico.The neighbors on one side of us were involved in a shooting, a retribution hit according to the police. I don’t know how many of them were directly involved but there were about 15 of them living in the house.

The illegals were starting to move out when the government started cracking down on illegal immigration but I expect others will be back to take their places now.

It doesn’t matter anymore. House, jobs, whatever. Obama is gonna take care of us all, isn’t he? That’s what he promised.

• Walter says:

Sorry to hear about your husband. My wife just got the ax after thirty years, too. So did every person over fifty in her group. Difficult to put illegals into marketing positions, but the Socialist notion that people are expendables is confirmed.

The fix was in on illegals, regardless of who won. Our borders are of no interest to Washington. We’ve known that in Texas since the Comanches raided across our borders, so it’s no surprise to see our betters eagerly failing to do their duty.

Carter x 20. Sounds about right. We survived that. We’ll survive this. For myself, I just hope that the GOP that gave this election to the Socialists doesn’t survive to not fight another day.

Keep writing if you can. We all need to now that we’re not alone. The Lord with you.

Sorry to hear that Walter. Yeah, 50 is about the right age for this kind of stuff to happen. That’s why hubby was one of the ones to get the ax when the illegals were hired. He was fired from his last job for being too old. They had the gall to tell him that, too, lol. The new owners took over the company from their daddy and wanted to “build it around people their own age.”

So not having been at the new place very long, when the winds started blowing Obama’s way… well, you know the rest. They’re cheaper and don’t affect the bottom line in terms of fringe benefits.

We’ll survive, Walter. We’ve been through this before, haven’t we?

I’ll try to keep blogging.We have some income coming in beyond his wages. Just not nearly enough on its own. A lot will depend on future finances. Not sure how much more I can economize. The good news is as long as we can keep the server going, this blog should be here. I believe I can squeeze out the $15/year for the domain name.

I do understand your anxiety I know what it feels like to be laid off and 50….It took me a couple of years to find another job and I had to ravage my retirement…..So I do feel your pain…but to blame it on an administration that hasn’t even taken office is a little far fetched……..

The revolution was televised last night……..

Bruce, I predicted this a week to 2 weeks ago if you recall. I didn’t expect it like the day after myself but from the business’ point of view, why wait? I said it wrong actually in the blog post… he was laid off… permanently… due to lack of work. Now, if he’s laid off permanently due to lack of work why did the company hire 6 illegal aliens last week?

I know you want to believe in your guy and you go right ahead. But please stop trying to tell me not to believe my own eyes just because you think he’s so great.

I don’t believe in him and will never believe in him because he has proven nothing for me to believe in. I’ve always told you words and actions.

He hasn’t even taken the Oath of Office yet and he’s already backing down from what he has promised. He’s lowering expectations because he has painted himself into a corner.

“he was laid off… permanently… due to lack of work. Now, if he’s laid off permanently due to lack of work why did the company hire 6 illegal aliens last week?”

This is an immigration issue…one that we discussed quite a bit early on in the primary election process and an issue that I told you would not come up in the general election and it didn’t…not by either candidate….the company that laid your husband off is breaking the law…..they are choosing to break the law…this is something that has been going on for a long time….and you are choosing to blame an administration that has not taken office yet….Let’s call it what it really is yet another company practicing greed and breaking the law by hiring illegal aliens……your anger should be directed toward this company not Obama……the law should be going after companies like this……and it is not fear of the next administration just greed…….and as far as him backing down….this is a very dynamic time we live in…..no candidate is going to be able to keep all of their promises….believe me McCain would not have been able to do it either……..What Obama needs to do is understand the situation and make the best decision for the time even if it means breaking his promise………that is called leadership…

The revolution was televised last night……..

Bruce, I asked you to please not try to get me to not believe my own eyes. If this was just about that, it would have happened before the election, not the day after. The illegals weren’t hired yesterday.

I’m not even going to try to convince you. I note that last night Obama is already backing out of some of his promises. I’m kinda wishing Bush would step down and give Obama that extra 77 days. He’s going to need them since the “Bear” woke up hungry. You all gave the world what it wanted: America on a silver platter.

• Walter says:

Bruce
    Enjoy your refried Gil Scott-Heron and make-believe revolution. Juat keep in mind that the revolutionary vanguard has shown a very poor record of caring for the proletariat.

I may be a peckerwood and hillbilly, well, you know, but we were brought up to trust our good senses and not to pay too much attention to the snake oil sellers.

For myself, I’m still wondering why reelecting Jimmy Carter and reviving James Buchanan is a “historic victory”. Guess you had to be there. Enjoy your revolution, sir. Be glad the grown ups will be here to clean up the mess.

Bruce,man,I hate to break it to you but your Hope and Change just went out the window.

White House Cabinet Appointments

Not only are they all Washington insiders and have been part of the establishment forever, they’re all white. So far, the only black man offered anything was Colin Powell which I believe was a position offered because they knew he would turn it down: Secretary of Education. Who, in their right mind would expect him to be a Secretary of Education when he’s imminently qualified for far better positions and not at all for that one?

Not even sworn in and he’s crusing dreams all over the left, except for the Washington insiders. On top of that he killed affirmative action. Can’t argue for it when you’re not only president but couldn’t be bothered to appoint anything but white guys to your cabinet.

Well Walter if “pay too much attention to the snake oil sellers.” ..you sure got sold a bill of goods the last 8 years. 😉

BB, I think you’re going to be highly surprised when Bush releases his papers to the Presidential Library. Everybody keeps saying what a lousy job he did and failed policies, but you know, they seem to just be talking points.

I’ve yet to find a clear factual enumeration of his failures with the exception of two: the failed immigration bill and the no child left behind act and guess what? Ted Kennedy wrote both of them.

On the other hand, people all over the world are celebrating Obama’s win but Russia had the most special message:
    Russia to Obama: Move to the Back of the Bus

I guess Obama forgot the first rule of foreign policy: Every country is out for its own interests and screw the rest of the world. One wonders what they think they’ll be able to get away with when Obama is in charge, considering how much they are celebrating the fact.

HB, actually, I think George Bush was an upstanding guy. He think he was unforgiveably ill-served by those he picked to help him. Trickle down didn’t work well under Reagan and it became ludicrous the last few years…wealth trickled off shore. It really is all about the average working American…the GOP hasn’t figured that out (except for a few weak sops at abortion and gays to mollify that segment). If Obama can’t figure it out, there is 2012. As far as foreign relations, our allies have signaled 4:1 approval for the new guy.
    Bush and his GOP congress had 6 years until 2006, and whatever screw-ups lie at that door…no matter what Hannity (did somebody say ‘snakeoil?) and that
    Fr. Coughlin wannabee Limbaugh have to say.
    In point of fact, I think Georg W. Bush is far more of a
    man than the ignorant pair previously mentioned…..

• mycowardice says:

Hillbilly,

McCain supported a pro amnesty bill. I fail to see how him getting elected would make any real difference with respect to immigration. Plus, with the amount of Latino vote the GOP got, I think that even if they had won, they would have more towards a more pro amnesty side.

As for your question “because if immigration laws are not going to be enforced why should they pay for higher wage workers?”, I would say that people can be patriots and respect rules even when they are not actively enforced.

AC, I kinda like that name since it was a pun on yur blogname, lol. McCain promised enforcement first and not so open borders. Obama made no such promises and supports drivers license for illegals and a host of other goodies. Those differences may be small but at least it was something.

BB, remember the first rule of foreign relations. Of course they’d approve of him 4:1. They’re seeing a weak president who can be taken advantage of. Whether you like it or not, there are groups of Muslims around the world who think of him as one of their own and are dreaming of the spread of radical Islam. When they find out that he’s in this for himself and only himself, what’s going to happen?

I’d say it would be the Republican Party that elects the first woman president. Obama is the Democrat Party’s standard bearer now and he’s about as sexist as they come. I know Obama’s just get started on his cabinet but it’s not looking too good since all he has appointed so far are white guys, no women or blacks, not even Raines and the names being floated around for some of the positions don’t auger well for diversity in the White House.

But then again, the goal of the Democrat Party is to destroy the Republican Party so there may never be a woman president.

• mycowardice says:

I disagree. People around the world are happy because they have hope that the USA will lead the world in a good direction. I speak to many people around here and you should see how excited they are about Obama. And it’s never because he is weak. It’s always because he is inspiring and because they have faith that he will repair some of the damage done by Bush.

AC, while I might not agree with you,especially about what damage Bush has done, I sincerely hope you’re right and I’m wrong.

November 2008