6 Responses to Speaks For Itself

I’m not blaming any politicians for the economic fiasco.
    Some people are, and it is surprising to learn that the democrats have apparenlty been in total control for the last eight years, appointed two SCOTUS, dem Phil Gramm deregulated banking and the entire Bush administration are dems. Every time a bird craps, its the dems faulth. The last time the market fell so far was under Reagan..dems fault. Is there a pattern here? 😉

How about blaming individuals? LIke Dodd and Frank and Raines and Johnson? If they happen to be Democrats… oh well.

HB,
    I’m sure there are a lot of ‘players’, politicians, economists, bankers..with dirty fingers. My problem is: is it better to keep things afloat with our taxpayer
    monies, or better to suffer through a depression (again our money)? Not good choices… How are small businesses like yours, prepared to weather things?

I’m sure there are lots of players, too. It’s just those are the names that rise to the top of this mess and not just because of their party affiliation but because of their direct involvement. Much like Stevens’ bridge to nowhere and he happens to be a Republican.

It’s not the money to fix this thing that bothers me so much but the fact that we just keep kicking this can down the road and sooner or later we’re going to run out of road. In fact, we may be at the end of the road when it takes a “blank check” to band-aid the problem this time around.

If it had been Republicans and not Democrats involved would it make the solution any more or less palatable? Personally, I don’t care who is or was at fault except by the individuals involved. I’d feel the same if it were Republicans. So, let’s take the party affiliation off and get to work fixing this; really fixing this.

As far as my business, it helps to be a PayGo setup. If we don’t have the money to do something, we don’t do it until we do.

I’m listening to this junk on the news where they are complaining about not being able to get credit to expand their businesses or open new franchises… lol… if you’re in a recession because of a credit crunch isn’t it time to sit back, take stock, and wonder if you should expand since nobody’s buying what you’re selling? It doesn’t seem to be a question that occurs to these people. If you’re business depends that heavily on credit, it’s time to rethink your business model.

“If we don’t have the money to do something, we don’t do it until we do.” Uh, that makes WAY to much sense..Wall Street could never handle it. 😆

Well, here’s something that will tickle your funny bone.

Of the 25 top recipients of Fannie/Freddie largesse in campaign contributions, 14 of them are in the House with 8 Democrats, 6 Republicans. None of the names among those 14 showed up in the No votes.

So, it is not as ‘partisan’ as the politicians would have you believe… and why I said go after individuals, not parties.

September 2008