Updated.

The next time somebody from the left complains about FISA, I’m going to come unglued on them.

From Michelle Malkin’s site: Sarah Palin’s private e-mail hacked, family photos raided; cesspool blog gloats

Sometime early this morning, between approximately 3:00am – 4:00am, members of an infamous group of hackers broke into Gov. Sarah Palin’s private Yahoo e-mail account. The incriminating discussion threads included screenshots of Palin’s e-mail and private e-mail addresses of her contacts. The threads have since been deleted.

Hacking e-mail is a federal crime. A TV anchor who broke into his colleague’s e-mail account recently pleaded guilty and faces a maximum five years in prison.

The law will catch up to the hackers, but what about the lowlifes who are now gleefully splashing the alleged contents of Palin’s private e-mail account all over the Internet?

The Gawker smear machine – see here for all the background you need – has posted private family photos of Palin’s children that were apparently stolen from the e-mail account.

This is about as lowlife as you can get. I have screenshots of the Gawker’s site and the stuff he put up. What he has done along with the others who have posted all that information from site to site is incite harassment aimed not only at Governor Palin but anyone on her contact list which is illegal.

Nice friends Obama has, eh? And don’t tell me that Obama can’t help what they do. These are the kinds of people who support him from the media down to the smallest lowlife site and their actions are indicative of what we can look forward to under an Obama administration. He’s not doing anything to stop this kind of thuggery, is he? He hasn’t disowned Kos and a number of hateful sites so this is just par for the course. Yet, we’re supposed to believe he’s on the “high road.” He was a rabble rouser in Chicago,he’s still a rabble rouser, and will always be a rabble rouser until the rabble rousers are the ones with the power.

Just what we need, a thug government to keep us in line while they rule the nation.

Update: Palin e-mail investigators contacted son of state rep

The son of state Rep. Mike Kernell has been contacted by authorities in connection with a probe into the hacking of the personal e-mail of vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, Kernell confirmed on Thursday.

Kernell, a Memphis Democrat, said his 20-year-old son David had been contacted by authorities investigating the hacking of Palin’s personal email account.

The FBI and the Secret Service started a formal investigation on Wednesday into the hacking.

David Kernell is a student at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville. Mike Kernell said he spoke to his son on Thursday, as he does on a regular basis.

Kernell otherwise declined to comment, or discuss his son’s whereabouts and whether he was in custody.

Reports that Palin’s e-mail had been hacked bounced across blogs and into the news on Thursday.

Mike Kernell is a Democrat. Still claim it’s not politically motivated?

31 Responses to Liberal Thugs

• Adam says:

So, what exactly does FISA have to do with this? You brought it up at the start of your post and never mentioned it again.

And if I’m not mistaken, a thug government is what we currently have.

Thanks for amusing post!

Why do I mention FISA?

Because the left is always bellyaching about invasion of privacy when none of the ones bellyaching have had their privacy invaded due to it and here we have internet thugs spreading private correspondence that belongs to Governor Palin all over the internet… in support of Obama.

Yeah, a thug government is exactly what we do have… in Congress.

• Diann says:

Although I despise our current Commander in Chief and everything he has done to help orchestrate the destruction of our country under the guise of “The War on Terrorism” I think that this hacking into Palin’s email is NOT COOL! Especially the exploitation of her children.

Hillbilly, I seriously doubt that Obama had anymore to do with this than Dubya had anything to do with the semen stained blue dress.

Diann, have you ever heard the term: “lead by example?”

Obama didn’t tell the thugs to do this but he’s not going to disown them for doing it just like he still sucks up to the DailyKos, Talking Points Memo, and other sites that deal in dirt and lies to effect a win for him. As long as he keeps allowing these groups to do these things they’re going to keep doing them and he is tacitly condoning such conduct.

So, yes, I judge him by the company he keeps of which thugs like these are just the latest examples.

• Evan says:

And what do you deal in HillBilly, no lies I presume, just flowers and truth?

Look, Obama has nothing to do with this. The group that hacked Palin’s email account are a-political. You have no proof whatesoever to claim that Obama, or his ‘people’, are involved. DailyKos and TPM do the same thing you do, but on the other side. Why is that so hard to understand?

The difference is they stand up for tolerance against people like you who are intolerant. You will turn around and say their vile attitudes display intolerance, but that intolerance is in response to your intolerance. Don’t you see? You are the one for limiting choice and legislating morality. Not the liberals at DailyKos and TPM.

And I agree about FISA, this shows how invading privacy is never acceptable. I am a privacy absolutist, and I find it funny that this is your rationale for how illegal government spying should be permissible.

I have one question (and it’s the same one illegal wiretapping backing conservatives like you use all the time): What does Sarah Palin have to hide?

Gotta agree with Evan. My research shows these hackers were apolitical geeknerds. And everytime you get screwed by the Bush administration, you blame the tiny 2 year dem minority in congress. That is illogical, given the 8 year admin track record. We all know where the ‘buck stops’, unless we beleive myth rather than fact.

Apparently she had nothing to hide but they splashed her private stuff all over the place anyway. Gawker has reason to do it from a political perspective, so your argument doesn’t hold. On top of that, the AP has information regarding this and refused to cooperate… so, of course it’s not poltically motivated (sarcasm off).

The group turned out to be one person, also politically motivated. Everybody else just piled on his posting of the info. Given that Obama sent an army of lawyers to Alaska to dig up dirt on Palin wouldn’t have provided the example for these lowlives, I’m sure. He’s the Messiah, after all. Steve Cohen said so.

I repeat: You Lead By Example.

And on top of that, Obama is not above using thugs when he tells people to get in other peoples’ faces to make them vote for him. That’s a liberal paper so you can’t accuse me of using only right wing news sources.

No, I don’t see me limiting anything. You’re here aren’t you? I haven’t banned you just for speaking, have I? I could have with a couple of clicks of a mouse.

If you had read anything here, you’d understand I’m not for limiting choice. The difference between you and me is I want to make my own choices. You want the government, who knows absolutely nothing about me, to determine what is and is not acceptable for me.

In fact, I quite probably have more in faith in the majority of the citizens’ of this country capacity for critical thinking and common sense than most “right wingers” do.

BB, see my response to Evan’s post about the “geeknecks.”

Fannie and Freddie were created by Democrats, run by Democrats, and expanded by Democrats. Fannie and Freddie have been around a whole lot longer than Bush. In addition, although they’ve been a majority only one two year term, they have effectively stopped any reform measures for the entire Bush administration.

If you want to blame anybody, blame Congress collectively over decades, not just one or two administrations… decades worth of administrations since the time of F.D.R.

Well, OK. How about Bear-Stearns and AIG…private companies. 5 times the bailout of the Mac-Mae. Bush signs. The buck stops where? Everytime this administration has screwed up, and it is a lot, they and their sycophants blame libs. And I agree, if people want to believe that…fine. If we want more of the same, we will get more of the same….

Trust me, BB, I’m not happy about the AIG bailout any more than the Fannie/Freddie mess. Bush isn’t perfect, that’s for sure, although not as bad as some make him out to be.

Bush has not served as a conservative but a centrist, much like W.J. Clinton. And he never claimed to be a conservative but merely having a few conservative positions. All things considered I don’t understand why there is such bile towards him. I guess it has to be that party affiliation thing. He has a habit of signing things most of us conservatives would like to strangle him for signing. 🙁

Still, one wonders, if Congress’ responsiblity ends because a president signs the legislation, what’s the point of having them around? Why are we paying all those salaries and paying taxes for stupid earmarks, while they also pocket enormous sums from lobbyists if they’re responsible for nothing? And that’s a bipartisan take on it.

Ya know, HB…you got me thinking. There is something about the responsibility of the US presidency which turns them into centrists…they come in with either conservative or liberal ideas and end up going down the middle of the road. Suspect it is because all of a sudden, they are president of ALL the people, not just their base? Bush may not be conservative enough for you, but he was too conservative for me.. 😉

• Kathy says:

This from the culprit (posted over at MM) disproves that this wasn’t a political hit job and on the day BO makes the statement to is thugs writ large (see this comment section) to ‘get in their faces’:

Earlier it was just some prank to me, I really wanted to get something incriminating which I was sure there would be, just like all of you anon out there that you think there was some missed opportunity of glory, well there WAS NOTHING, I read everything, every little blackberry confirmation… all the pictures, and there was nothing, and it finally set in, THIS internet was serious business, yes I was behind a proxy, only one, if this shit ever got to the FBI I was fucked, I panicked, i still wanted the stuff out there but I didn’t know how to rapidshit all that stuff, so I posted the pass on /b/, and then promptly deleted everything, and unplugged my internet and just sat there in a comatose state

Then the white knight fucker came along, and did it in for everyone, I trusted /b/ with that email password, I had gotten done what I could do well, then passed the torch , all to be let down by the douchebaggery, good job /b/, this is why we cant have nice things

The “white knight fucker” was the /b/tard who thought that going through Sarah Palin’s email wasn’t cool. He logged in, changed the password, and sent an email to a friend of Palin’s warning her and letting her know the new password. Unfortunately, he then posted a screenshot of this email to let the other /b/tards know their fun was over. He failed to blank the password, and they all tried to log in and change the password — which tripped the automated Yahoo! freeze. Since then, the account has been deleted. “Rapidshit” refers to rapidshare.com — i.e., rubico wanted to download the emails, put them into one file, and put that file up on rapidshare for /b/tards and the world at large to download. But he panicked, or didn’t know how to download the emails, and so pawned that task off on Anonymous, which he didn’t realize wasn’t monolithic and in his favor.

So BB, et al, NO SALE

This is on Obama’s doorstep. He had Gov. Ryan’s sealed divorce opened to embarrass him out of contention during the IL Senate race. We believe he is responsible for this because it’s his PLAYBOOK.

“Fannie and Freddie were created by Democrats, run by Democrats, and expanded by Democrats. Fannie and Freddie have been around a whole lot longer than Bush.” Its embarrassing: Fannie Mae was even born before ME! As for blaming (and I don’t know, the organization may have performed very well in its past history) it seems we must give a bipartisan bronx cheer:
    “But Fannie Mae is nothing if not ecumenical. According to the Associated Press, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have spent $170 million on lobbying in the past decade. “Fannie Mae’s 51-member lobbying stable” includes “former Reps. Tom Downey, D-N.Y., and Ray McGrath, R-N.Y.; Steve Elmendorf, a Democratic political strategist and former congressional aide; and Donald Fierce, a longtime GOP operative. Freddie Mac’s list of 91 lobbyists includes former Reps. Vin Weber, R-Minn., and Susan Molinari, R-N.Y.” The AP notes the Fannie Mae ties enjoyed by McCain campaign manager Rick Davis and Arthur B. Culvahouse Jr., who helped in McCain’s veep search. According to Politico, McCain economic adviser Aquiles Suarez worked as Fannie Mae’s director of government and industry relations, and McCain finance co-chairman Frederic V. Malek spent time on the Freddie Mac board.” RE:

Yeah and Obama has three top advisors who are even more intimately connected to Fannie and Freddie who aren’t even mentioned.

Double standards.

Yeah, and Palin et. al. are refusing to honor subpoenas in the open investigation she welcomed:
    “hold me accountable”. Double standards, you bet.
    Phil Gram gutting banking regulations..double standards, you bet. It becmes clearer every day:
    the GOP screws up bigtime…then blames the libs.
    ..and people BELIEVE them!! Double standards…. 😆

Excuse me?

She’s refusing to cave to a witch-hunt by politicians tied to the Obama campaign who are determined to make it something bad instead of letting the proper organization designated to investigate do its job.

As for the rest, I’m not even going to bother to comment because you’re not going to listen anyway, 😡 ❗

Because I said Congress was at fault and I didn’t specify Democrats or Republicans and you come back with this partisan crap. That’s tells me that you have blinders on and won’t see anything but what you want to see.

Blinders or not, I don’t think Gov Palin culpable in the case. It sounds like the state trooper was a lowlife.
    As for partisan crap….hey! I’ve been to HangRight. 🙂 As for ‘witch hunts’, I been around for awhile. When the other side investigates its a witch hunt. When our side does, it’s investigative
    genius. *Heh* Right?

BB, the Trooper still has his job. It’s a moot point in all this but those partisan investigators would have you believe it’s the main point.

If you’d listened to the Palin interview last night, you’d know that she offered that “fired” official another job where his strengths were better suited and he declined. There is a body of the state government that deals with personnel issues who are investigating the issue upon her initiative but, apparently, that’s not good enough.

So tell me again what the point is of this Democratic investigation.

The Alaskan judicary committee that started the investigation has more Reps than Dems. No doubt partisans jumping..they always do. BTW, I hate to argue (ever actually win?)..especially with a fellow ex-military 😆

• Amy Proctor says:

I thought hillbilly’s FISA comment was self-explanatory.

Adam, are you referring to the “thug” government that protected America for the last 7 years against terrorist attacks or the “thug” government before that who didn’t?

Our Commander in Chief is well liked and respected by the troops who serve under him, particularly commanding officers who understand what we’re up against. And it is a false assertion that he has helped “orchestrate the destruction of our country” under any guise. If Bill Clinton couldn’t destroy America, no one can. We are well respected around the world and the only ones who don’t are wussies like the former German president who desires peace at the expense of a future and enemies who are terribly threatened by a strong United States.

I’ve been an army wife for 15 years now and we’ve been living in South Korea for 3 months. Our reputation is strong and I can base it on fact that it is liberalism and it’s followers that hurt America’s image. In South Korea they understand that there are dumb people in every society and they respect the US quite a bit.

I disagree that Obama has nothing to do with this. He may have nothing to do with the hacking, but this is not an isolated incident and Obama is devoted to this liberal party. How many times do you hear about Republicans vandalizing a DNC headquarters (or the White House like the Clintons did?).

It is liberals in the party that Obama is representing that call our political women vile names, who judge by party and not by the content of character, who assault dialogue with frat-boy language and bring down opponents by any, and I mean ANY means necessary.

Criminal activity, anyone?

Hillbilly is right about the investigation into troopergate. The DNC is funding a massive smear campaign to the point of infiltrating a legal investigation just to win an election.

And why are you liberals defending a cop who tazes 10 year olds and makes death threats to old men? I know you like unprofessional people in important positions but this is ridiculous.

As for Phil Gramm, he called some Americans whiners and he was right. It is Americans who feel intitled to live above their means who have massively contributed to the market crisis, along with big government bureaucracy, and they whine when they get in over their heads. Some Americans live in a bubble and think the world owes them a living and if they have to pay as much (or far less) than others in the world do they complain. Gas is $8 a gallon here in South Korea. They don’t complain.

Oh, they dumped their nastiness and that’s all they were here for, anyway. It looks like they took Obama’s commands seriously when he told them to get in people’s faces.

BB and I spar all the time, so look over us. He’s really a good guy for a Lib.

BB, she ruffled some Republican feathers, too, up north. It’s still a witch hunt. I’m not concerned about it unless they start making stuff up like the MSM.

Every single person in the US will owe $2000 to bail out PRIVATE companies. So “As for Phil Gramm, he called some Americans whiners and he was right. It is Americans who feel intitled to live above their means who have massively contributed to the market crisis,”
    yes. I’m whining. My $2000 is going into the president of AIG’s golden parachute..Sullivan’s company lost $7.8 billion in the 1st quarter..he was
    let go with a package of $53 million. Yes, you can blame the working poor..2 jobs and can’t make the payment. Me, I blame the greedy lowlifes at the top.
    (whine, whine) 😐

I blame both. The ones who bought more house than they can afford and the lowlifes who did the creative accounting to “make it happen”. No matter what they say about being misled, they should have known they couldn’t afford what they were buying… unless they just trust their personal finances to chance which is what it seems like.

I’m not totally against “no money down” mortgages as long as the people getting those mortgages can pay the payments but what caused this thing was buying more than they knew they could afford… both sides are to blame… those who knew it and those who enabled them in spite of it.

However, supposedly the FBI is investigating now. I figure the least we’re owed is an explanation and some rolling heads.

• I think the FISA angle is unfair because a big part of the problem with the FISA story is that the government has the power to spy on us. The case with the yahoo hack is totally different.

Plus, if anything, the yahoo hack came to light, where as the FISA stuff happens behind closed doors.

No, it’s not. The whole argument about FISA is the warrantless spying. It’s not about being found out after the fact since we usually find out about FISA after the fact, too.

It’s the fact that this little Obama Nationite with ties to the campaign decided it was fair game… without a warrant and no authority to obtain one… to spy on Gov. Palin via her email. Just because it didn’t turn up what he wanted it to turn up doesn’t make it any less wrong.

Means to an end… anything goes as long as the desired end result is achieved.

• mycowardice says:

There is a difference between one off events like this one and a structured system like FISA. Also, the person that decided to spy on Palin seemed to be more into bragging about it…

I agree about the means to an end part. And it’s exactly why FISA is different than a hacker, because the means of FISA are way more than the means of the hacker.

FISA hasn’t hurt you or me or anybody I know. It’s a Don Quixote cause; something to complain about as if the left will ever run out of things to complain about.

Yet, they crow over an invasion of privacy of someone who is percieved to be the enemy, so tell me what the difference is between how they look at the “hack” and how they look at FISA. The “hack” did real damage causing extreme emotional distress for a whole lot less reason.

September 2008