7 Responses to Conservatism is dead.

• Goat says:

Fred is a good and true conservative and a great Party guy but I would not go so far to say conservatism is dead. Fred had a ACU rating of 87 in the Senate, McCain has an 83. Mitt is very conservative just look at his personal life, he has taken some moderate positions here and there in the past but has since moved more to the right on them. Rudy is also a conservative at least as much so as McCain and would govern as one more so than McCain or Huckabee. My condolences but don’t depair my friend, Fred at least put the direction of our party front and center and made it an issue and conservatism is alive and well just spread out a little right now. I thinl y’all will find a very comfortable home in the Romney camp and we will welcome you with open arms.

Thanks, Goat. I’ll do my duty, even if others don’t but I won’t actively support any more polticians. This is the first time I’ve been really active in support of any candidate. I’ve been part of the silent majority and it seems there’s a reason for silence.

When it all boils down, “we the people” don’t have really have a voice. Our choices are made for us in so many ways before we’re allowed to speak, that it’s much like speaking into the wind. No one will hear because it’s already been decided.

• Goat says:

Don’t say that, we beat shamnesty didn’t we? We are winning in Iraq because we held firm, right? We the people do matter. Fred’s message resonated, his delivery didn’t and that is a shame. If we the people sit on our hands we will become a socialist republic ran by the elite media and their poodles in the DNC. I never thought I would have to be consoling Fredheads on that, get over it Steph it is not the end of the world. I will give you a day to sulk. If Mitt had been the one to leave, I would have jumped onto Fred’s wagon with the same fervor that I support Mitt with. I would not be moaning about the death of conservatism, I would be fighting for its life not sitting on my hands and letting Hill or B HO walk right in to the Whitehouse with their socialist agenda. I thought conservatives were tough and able to get up after being knocked down ready to fight on for what they believe. Remember Reagan was way behind in National polls in ’79 and we know how that turned out.

• Goat says:

Look at that list of conservative principles on your sidebar and tell me which one Mitt is not the perfect embodiment of.

Goat, my dear friend, that last comment means I’m declaring war on the media.

In case I haven’t said it before on this blog, expect them to take down Romney next, second in line.

Yep, that’s about the size of it. The only real hope is Romney has enough money to outsmart them.

However, he has to use them to get his message heard, just like the others and the media has now become blatantly activist for their chosen.

January 2008