Vision, Mission, and Strategy

Hillbilly Politics

Crossposted to HangRightPolitics

Since reading this article in the American Thinker, I’ve been reminded of research I did in the early days of this blog. 

There is a compelling factual case to be made that the contemporary radical Left can properly be called “Neocommunist.” The Hard Left is grounded in Marxist vision of creating a “new man” under a system led by a vanguard that knows best what the rest of society needs. And Neocommies behave in patterns with startling parallels to Old Communist tactics.

Since the article cropped up there, I’ve seen other articles alluding to the possibilities.  Mark Steyn has a piece on our uncomfortableness with ideology, ours or anyone else’s. Another O.C. article describes how the California capitol spends tax dollars to legislate against its constituents. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, returning from the Russian talks has this to say:

Gates said he believes that Russia is asserting its resurgence in the post-Cold War period.

“I think President Putin is coming back and saying you know you have to take us into account on all these things. In essence: ‘We are back. We’ve got a lot of money. And we are a key player.’ ”

“I’m putting words into his mouth. He didn’t say these things. This is my interpretation of perhaps his thinking: ‘And you will need our help to solve problems. And if you won’t seek our help, we can prevent problems from being solved,’ ” Gates said.

China is also moving to reassert its Communist Party dominance.

Any talk of such a movement as communism or neocommunism is quite likely to engender a reflexive response of rejection due to the possible backlash of being accused of engaging in fear propaganda or McCarthyism defined as:

• The practice of publicizing accusations of political disloyalty or subversion with insufficient regard to evidence.

• The use of unfair investigatory or accusatory methods in order to suppress opposition. (Source: http://www.answers.com/topic/mccarthyism)

• By the way, while McCarthy’s methods might not have been the best for combatting the creeping threat of communism in his day, he was largely vindicated for his accusations and suspicions after the release of the Venona Files.

For the past few decades we have celebrated the end of the Cold War. The Berlin Wall was pulled down and the Iron Curtain torn asunder. The communist movement in America also died with the “death” of its epicenter in Russia. Or did it? The same forces that lead the communist movement here didn’t die. They just shifted focus away from Russia to the United Nations under the guise of “multiculturalism,” “tolerance,” “celebrate diversity”, those sound good, feel good terms that are great until you’re on the wrong end of them: white, privileged, or otherwise a nonvictim of some sort.

No, my friends, the communist movement is alive, well, and gaining more power than it ever did under the old communist movement. While no one wishes to be accused of McCarthyism or fear mongering, sometimes we just have to confront the issues whether we wish to or not. I, for one, would much rather be doing anything else than worrying about the communist takeover of the “last bastion of freedom and democracy.” I suppose I could always give up my freedom in favor of the government’s “higher wisdom.”

Listed below are the goals for a Communist America. How many have already been effected and how do we begin to bring our country back from the brink. This will require considered and measured thought and a steadfast heart. Over the course of this multipart series, evidence will be presented to show the success or progress towards the achievement of each of these goals.

1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.

2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.

3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength. 

4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war. 

5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites. 

6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.

7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N. 

8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N. 

9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress. 

10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N. 

11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)

12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party. 

13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.

14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office. 

15. Capture one, or both, of the political parties in the United States. 

16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights. 

17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks. 

18. Gain control of all student newspapers. 

19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack. 

20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.

21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.

22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.” 

23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”

24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press. 

25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV. 

26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”

27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.” 

28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.” 

29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.

30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.” 

31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.

32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture — education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etcetera. 

33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus. 

34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities. 

35. Discredit, and eventually dismantle, the FBI. 

36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions. 

37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business. 

38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat]. 

39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.

40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.

41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.

42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [“]united force[“] to solve economic, political or social problems. 

43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government. 

44. Internationalize the Panama Canal. 

45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.

(Source: http://www.nationmakers.com/com_goals.htm )

16 Responses to The Advent of Neocommunism, Part 1

• hillbilly says:

That would tentatively fall under this one:

“Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture — education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etcetera”

But, yeah, it’s scary and at the risk of being called a nut, I decided that somebody needed to really lay it out there… I’d rather risk being called a nut than to stand idly by and not at least try to do something about this.

• Wild Phil says:

Hi Steph,

Also another proof of this was from Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, author of the Gulag Archipelago which is the reason that Ann Coulter states that Senator Joe McCarthy was villianized by the left for trying to dig into the Communism that had infiltrated so much of the United States.

• Goat says:

Steph, have you read Coulter’s “Treason” ? She lays it all out there for all to see. I credit Annie for moving me into the GOP ranks.

• hillbilly says:

No, I haven’t, Goat. I’m not too sure how I feel about Ann. She says a lot of sense but then she says a lot of outrageous. On the other hand, the more outrageous she gets, the more attention she gets, and the more the closet communists come out of the woodwork trying to tear her down.

Kathy, McCarthy had a lot of things pegged. It was his methods of grandstanding that got him into trouble. But then, there’s an opinion on that one site I linked that Hoover may have been using McCarthy for that purpose.

• BB-Idaho says:

I am so old (sigh) that I actually remember Joe McCarthy, senator from my home state of Wisconsin. His rise was based on good detective work and committee analysis and his fall was over-reaching by accusing innocents, as well as an awful drinking problem. I never
      worry about communism, because like the original American Nazi/German American Bund
      it attracts very few in America. Communist overthrow depends on converting large numbers of discontents: Americans are probably the most contented people in the world.
      Socialism, which pre-dates communism, does not advocate overthrow..it’s more an ideology of social/market theory..and in fact the Scandinavian countries are semi-socialist and happy with their lot. I agree that ‘multi-culturalism’ ‘minority preference’ are social constructs, but not necessarily socialist constructs. As for ‘tolerance’, I would consider that a virtue, rooted in the Bible. Any inversion of the term is Orwellian at best.

• Kathy says:

BB – nice, now let’s take your logic to it’s logical conclusion. Communism is the final phase, socialism is a failing system. Ask those who pay the taxes, not the ones collecting on them. As the imbalance between those two groups grows, the government steps in and takes control of the property.

It’s true we wouldn’t want communism here, but the gradual usurpation of our rights through the implementation of a nanny state is the elevation of government over the individual.

A government established on the principle that rights are derived from government can take those rights away. A government established on the principle that God endows us with certain unalienable rights can not take those rights. Therefore the necessity for socialism to implement secularism.

“tolerance” is a one way street in a secular society. Jesus came as the lamb the first time, the next time he comes as the Judge. Don’t think He’ll be preaching tolerance then.

• BB-Idaho says:

Kathy,
      True enough..someone pointed out that ‘tolerance’ permitted the rise of the Naziz, so it’s virtuosity is indeed questionable. What do you mean by ‘nanny state’..wiretapping our phones, searching our internet, body searching us at airports, warrantless arrests,
      removing our habeas corpus rights and subjecting us to emminent domain? If so, we agree. I suppose one could argue that ‘life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are non-existant in those poor suffering Scandinavian countries with higher standard of living than
      we possess. They seem to understand Adam Smith’s idea that labor is the source of capital, not vice versa..and have blended capitalism, democracy and socialism to fit their needs. While, I doubt that will happen here in the land of ‘special interests’, it does not strike me as fearful. We Americans vote our government: like it or not, it is ours, so blame the government-blame the people. Attack on our personal sovereignity is endemic: the early Alien & Sedition Laws, the suspension of Habeas Corpus in the Civil War, the confinement of US citizens during WWII, for example. Yet the power we hold as voting citizens consistently negates such things; as I argued prior, we as a people are
      resistant to systems and policies we find repugnant.

• Goat says:

Steph, Ann wrote “Treason” as a scholar not as her normal inflammatory self, it is extremely well documented with many pages of footnotes. I highly recommend it based on this post, you will learn alot as would any who haven’t read it. Annie can be outrageous in her brilliance because it sells books and makes her money but they wouldn’t sell if they didn’t make sense. Markos Moulitsas is outrageous as well but can’t sell books. Get “Treason” and read it closely and you will see why Annie for her slim figure throws such devestating punches, she is no intellectual light weight.
      I have to say at times though I said “What?”.

• Kathy says:

BB,
      Scandinavian countries? Bwahahahaha! Here’s a question for you – do more people each year immigrate to Sweden or to the US? Hey just for grins throw in ALL OF SCANDINAVIA…. I’m hoping you were joking,,,

You’ve lost your habeas corpus? Where did you see it last?

For all the complaints about a loss of privacy I’ve yet to see a single solitary individual complain. The wire tapping is done on overseas phone calls to suspected terrorists.

You have to be an idiot or suicidal not to want to prevent the implementation of their plans. And there is no evidence ESP was working so we have to go with what works. Puhlease take your suicidal tendencies to a personal level, I for one don’t want to take that journey with you.

And by nanny state, I mean one that says you don’t know how to manage your life so don’t eat that and don’t smoke that, but hey we’ll provide clinics for drug users to shoot up in safety. And you can’t send your child to school with an aspirin in case she has a headache, but we can give her birth control pills without notifying you. And the government that says you don’t need your property, we can develop our tax base if we put a shopping center there. (that was Kelo and courtesy of the left side of the court – all the conservatives opposed it – check the record) And you don’t need that money – pay it all in taxes and we’ll provide a pittance for you to live on in old age and some substandard version of health care.

You don’t know what’s best for the earth, so we’ll implement a cap and trade system that costs you a gazillion dollars eventhough anthropogenic causation is not settled science and absolutely no one believes man has any sustainable method for counteracting the effects of solar flares which do cause it.

And you shouldn’t drive that car, or eat that hamburger, or listen to that radio station.

That’s the nanny state, BB. All courtesy of socialist democrats.

The only ones harmed by the Bush policy so far has been the terrorists and democrats seeking to take sides with the enemies of our country.

As long as democrats control 93% of information sources and virtually all of higher education, there is no market place of ideas, and talking points like it’s better in Scandinavia go unchecked by facts. The people are ill informed – and that makes for a government they do not deserve.

• BB-Idaho says:

Kathy, In your enthusiasm you descend to a somewhat irrational “You have to be an idiot or suicidal not to want to prevent the implementation of their plans” etc/etc Yes, I admire the Scandinavian countries..look at any listing, health, income, quality of life..they are higher on the list than us. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Bush has been president for 6
      years, the GOP controlled congress for 4 years and has stacked the court. Yet, you complain about democrats. C’mon Kathy, we are all Americans here. I was a US Army officer and spent my career in the defense industry as an explosives scientist…and you suggest that us Dems are not patriotic somehow? I would prefer to discuss serious issues than respond to your puerile polemics.

• Kathy says:

BB,
      I’m not an explosives scientist, although I’ve done my share lecturing on methods to detect them in mixed waste samples, cleaning up after the defense industry… and the department of energy and ….. and evaluating lots and lots of scientists, scientific methods, and quality systems. I’m sure you know a great deal on how to blow up things. Just look what you did with my comment.

It’s interesting that you complain about polemics and then you engage in one. “don’t question my patriotism!!!”.

When terrorists do implement their plans, people die. Let’s connect the dots shall we? It is suicide if someone wants to interfere with methods that are there for protection of life (unless of course you think the government is listening because it has acquired professional voyeurs as its new favorite depraved minority). Do you even think about what you accuse the government of doing?

And I gave you a standard by which to measure Scandanavia, one that it fails in comparison. Immigration is the most objective standard. But just for you, here’s another: Here’s an article in the WSJ for you – and we come out on top in Happiness. Now that’s a metric that matters.

Is there something wrong with having pride in my country? If you think there is, then you have effectively questioned your own patriotism.

Should you investigate the Kelo decision you will find the conservatives on the court dissented, as to stacking the court, not yet, but we’re trying… and if you were better informed, you’d be grateful.

Souter is a turncoat and the others who found that property can be seized for the ‘common good’ were dem appointees. That decision is an anathema to conservatives, but more like that are coming down the pike if dems have the chance to appoint justices. Remember dems are for the collective good – no matter how much it costs the individual.

The best thing about happiness is that dems can’t redistribute that by making a certain quantity depressed just to balance things out and there is no way to tax it.

Puerile – that’s a ten dollar word and a ten cent sentiment. Pernicious – now there’s a word for democrats…

Is that unpatriotic? You seem to think so.

October 2007
    S M T W T F S
     123456
    78910111213
    14151617181920
    21222324252627
    28293031  

Copyright © 2012 Hillbilly Politics. All Rights Reserved.